Setronica (“Setronica” or “We”, or “Owner”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide on this website www.setronica.com (our “Website”) and how that information may be used or disclosed by us. This policy does not apply to information we collect through any other means, or to information collected on any third-party site that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Types of information we collect
“Personal Information” is information that would allow someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your full name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information you provide to us
- Information we collect as you navigate through the site
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting certain services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses, address; city; company name; country; email address; field of activity; first name; last name; phone number; website; ZIP/Postal code), if you contact us
Usage Details and IP Addresses. As you navigate through the Website, we may collect details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also known as “single-pixel GIFs”, “clear GIFs”, “pixel tags”, “data tags” or “image tags”) used to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Website and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Website. Web beacons on the Website collect only tracking data.
- Facilitate use of our Website, including by speeding up your searches and recognizing you when you return to our Website
- Analyze use of our Website and improve our Website, products and services
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests
Interaction with external social networks and platforms. Twitter Tweet button and social widgets, Pinterest “Pin it” button and social widgets and LinkedIn button and social widgets and Facebook button and social widgets. Personal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Setronica takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Setronica. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Setronica at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The Setronica may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Setronica may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Setronica is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Setronica;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Setronica or by a third party.
In any case, the Setronica will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the Setronica’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Setronica to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Setronica using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Setronica and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Setronica’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Setronica.
The Setronica may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Setronica may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Use of Information
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Setronica to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Interaction with external social networks and platforms and Contacting the User.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our Website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
We may disclose personal information that you provide via this Website to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business
In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of Setronica’s assets, personal information held by Setronica. about its customers will be among the assets transferred to the buyer.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation
- Enforce or apply our agreements
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of Setronica, our customers, or others
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Setronica.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Setronica, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Setronica will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Setronica.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Setronica or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Setronica is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Setronica through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Setronica in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Setronica may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User’s Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Setronica at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Owner and Data Controller
SameThinkers Inc., 211 East 7th Street, Suite 620, Austin, Texas, 78701
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).