We are Setronica, a balanced team of professionals with a 20 year success story. Growing, sharing knowledge and a never-ending quest for improvements — this is our secret of success all these years. We put people first, which shows in how we treat and work with one another. As a remote-first company, we stay connected through positive, collaborative, “open-door” communication.
We’re looking for a Java Developer to join our team. The project is a taxi aggregator and delivery service with a built-in marketplace. Try to imagine an Uber Eat competitor supplemented by Amazon’s features.
Why Join Us?
Work in a stable company trusted by customers. We’ve been in software development since 2003 and have been successfully working on long-term projects.
Clear leadership. Simple human management style. You can always turn to your colleagues for advice and support. The company has a horizontal structure and there is no unnecessary bureaucracy. Be the owner, your ideas will be heard.
We are a highly collaborative culture and appreciate teammates who are excited about making an impact every day. Our teams are made up of people with extensive and varied professional experience. We will always support you if you have a desire to develop — be yourself and grow.
- At least 2 years of commercial Java development experience.
- Working experience with Java Core, Spring, Spring Boot, Apache Commons, Git, *nix OS, SQL, OOM (Hibernate, JPA), Unit testing.
- Written and Spoken English.
We’d love to hear what else you can do. We’ll find ways to apply your various skills, such as:
– Knowledge of microservice architecture,
– Building highload, fault tolerance systems,
– Monitoring and Distributed Tracing,
– MQ (JMS, Artemis),
– Practical experience with automatic build systems and continuous integration of applications (Maven, Jenkins),
– Experience with non-relational databases, etc.
- Java development based on existing architectural solutions and approaches, development a microservices-based applications;
- Unit testing code coverage;
In addition to competitive salaries, this role includes:
- Remote-friendly. Work isn’t somewhere you go, it’s something you do. Setronica gives you the freedom to work where you work best, wherever that may be.
- Distributed-first mindset. The majority of our learning and development activities happen online.
- Stable employment and professional work environment. Built-in work ecosystem including Confluence, Slack, Jira, Tempo.
- Team that respects your opinion. Diversity-based company where you get the same working conditions, regardless of other factors.
- Flexible working hours. Build the routine that works for you.
- Full relocation support to Slovenia. Employees who have worked for the company for a year or more have the opportunity to relocate to Slovenia with their families.
- Free English lessons for everyone.
- Professional growth. Enhance your professional journey with meet-ups, team-wide events, and internal promotion opportunities.
At Setronica we strive for excellence and strongly believe in professional and personal growth. We want each individual to be successful and pledge to help each achieve their goals while at Setronica and beyond. Challenging ourselves and learning new technologies is at the core of what we do.
Sound good? Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & let’s talk!